Ad Code

Past Perfect Tense:

Past Perfect Tense:

The Past Perfect tense is used to express something that happened before another action in the past.

POSITIVE STATEMENTS:

SUBJECT - HAD - VERB (past participle) - REST OF THE SENTENCE

I - had - finished - the work.

You - had - finished - the work.

He - had - finished - the work.

Mohan - had - finished - the work.

The boy - had - finished - the work.

She - had - finished - the work.

Pooja - had - finished - the work.

The girl - had - finished - the work.

We - had - finished - the work.

You - had - finished - the work.

They - had - finished - the work.

The children - had - finished - the work.


Notice that we use ‘had’ and the past participle form of the verb for all subjects.

NEGATIVE STATEMENTS:

SUBJECT - HAD NOT - VERB(past participle) - REST OF THE SENTENCE

I - had not - talked - to my brother.

You - had not - talked - to my brother.

He - had not - talked - to my brother.

Mohan - had not - talked - to my brother.

The boy - had not - talked - to my brother.

She - had not - talked - to my brother.

Pooja - had not - talked - to my brother.

The girl - had not - talked - to my brother.

We - had not - talked - to my brother.

You - had not - talked - to my brother.

They - had not - talked - to my brother.

The children - had not - talked - to my brother.


Notice that we use ‘had not’ and the past participle form of the verb for all subjects.

INTERROGATIVE STATEMENTS / QUESTIONS:

HAD - SUBJECT - VERB(past participle) - REST OF THE SENTENCE

Had - I - seen - the movie?

Had - you - seen - the movie?

Had - he - seen - the movie?

Had - Mohan - seen - the movie?

Had - the boy - seen - the movie?

Had - she - seen - the movie?

Had - Pooja - seen - the movie?

Had - the girl - seen - the movie?

Had - we - seen - the movie?

Had - you - seen - the movie?

Had - they - seen - the movie?

Had - the men - seen - the movie?

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code