Ad Code

Talking about the Past



 Talking about the Past


It is very common to talk about things that already happened. If something already happened or is

finished it is in the past. Below you will find some sentence starters and example sentences to help

you talk about things you have done in the past.

Most Common Verbs Used to Talk about the Past

I went…

I ate…

I was…

I read…

I played…

I saw…

I talked to…

I worked…

Example Sentences:

I went to work.

I ate spaghetti for lunch.

I read two books over the weekend.

I saw a movie.

I talked to my friend.

List of Common ‘Times’ in the Past

Yesterday…

Two days ago…

Seven years ago…

An hour ago…

A little bit ago…

Last week…

Last month…

Last year…

When I was a kid…

When I was growing up…

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code