Ad Code

Directions



 Directions


Sometimes you need help finding something or someplace. Below are common phrases used to talk

about directions in English.

Excuse me, where is…..?

I need to get to _______.

On/at the corner

Between: in the middle of two things

Near/Close to…: immediately close to something

Far away from: not near, distant

Straight

Opposite: in front of, contrary side

Example Sentences

1- The school is in between South Ave. and Birch Street.

2- Go straight for three blocks and then turn right. It is the third house from the corner.

3- McDonalds is opposite Taco Bell in the food court at the mall.

4- I live close to West Tower on Broadway Ave.

Questions Used to Ask for/Give Directions

Where is ___________?

How do you get to _______?

Where is the nearest _______?

Can you tell me how to get to _____?

Could you tell me where the _______ is?

Is there a ________ close by?

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code