Ad Code

Is Upanishad available in Hindi?

 

Q. Is Upanishad available in Hindi?

Answer. Yes, all main 11 Upanishad is available in Hindi English And Sanskrit you can read or download if you want to read on line then you can search this site.  https://upanishads.org.in,

The Upanishads are the supreme work of the Indian mind, and that it should be so, that the highest self-expression of its genius, its sublimest poetry, its greatest creation of the thought and word should be not a literary or poetical masterpiece of the ordinary kind, but a large flood of spiritual revelation of this direct and profound character, is a significant fact, evidence of a unique mentality and unusual turn of spirit.

 

— Sri Aurobindo (The Foundations of Indian Culture)

Sri Aurobindo and the Upanishads

I made no study of it (Indian Philosophy), but knew the general ideas of the Vedanta philosophies. I knew practically nothing of the others except what I had read in Max Muller and in other general accounts. The basic idea of the Self caught me when I was in England. I tried to realize what the Self might be. The first Indian writings that took hold of me were the Upanishads and these raised in me a strong enthusiasm and I tried later to translate some of them. The other strong intellectual influence [that] in India in early life were the sayings of Ramakrishna and the writings and speeches of Vivekananda, but this was a first introduction to Indian spiritual experience and not as philosophy. They did not, however, carry me to the practice of Yoga: their influence was purely mental.

 

My philosophy was formed first by the study of the Upanishads and the Gita; The Veda came later. They were the basis of my first practice of Yoga; I tried to realize what I read in my spiritual experience and succeeded; in fact I was never satisfied till experience came and it was on this experience that later on I founded my philosophy, not on ideas by themselves. I owed nothing in my philosophy to intellectual abstractions, ratiocinations or dialectics...

And another site is dedicated for only Upanishad- http://aryamantavya.in/upnishad/

 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code